I got tagged. Yep, Chris Larsen got me, so here we go.
It’s a bit different from most others, and I like it, so I’m going to do it. It’s all about the ten books that stayed with you. Ten books? I have a few more than that, but I can easily give ten that shaped what I love to read and write.
Here they are, in no particular order, the ten books that have stayed with me over the years:
1) The Tomb by F. Paul Wilson
2) Watchers by Dean Koontz
3) Fahrenheit 451 by Ray Bradbury
4) The Beasts of Valhalla by George C. Chesbro
5) Alas, Babylon by Pat Frank
6) I am Legend by Richard Matheson
7) The Seduction of Peter S. by Lawrence Sanders
8) They Thirst by Robert R. McCammon
9) The Strange Case of Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde by Robert Louis Stevenson
10) The Stand by Stephen King
The hardest one was the King novel. So much of his early work was crucial to me as a young(er) reader, and honestly, his short stories impacted me more than any of the novels. Uncle Stevie can write a bitchin’ fuckin’ short story, man.
Now it’s my turn to tag some peoples, so if someone has tagged you already, no need to do it again. If you haven’t been tagged, have fun!