Welcome to Week 2 of Tarantino month here on my ramblings blog. This week, I’m going to giving you lines from Reservoir Dogs. Arguably one of his most violent pictures, and one that you’ll find on many best-of heist movie lists (even though you really don’t see the heist itself), this movie is astounding from first reel to last.
Since I’m not as eloquent or abrasive as Tarantino, I’ll just let him speak now through Mr. Brown, Mr. White, Mr. Pink, Mr. Orange, Mr. Blue, and Mr. Blonde.
10) “I don’t tip because society says I have to. All right, if someone deserves a tip, if they really put forth an effort, I’ll give them a something extra. But this tipping automatically, it’s for the birds. As far as I’m concerned, they’re just doing their job.”
09) “Either he’s alive or he’s dead, or the cops got him… or they don’t.”
08) “Eddie, you keep talking like a bitch, I’m gonna slap you like a bitch.”
07) “Let me tell you what ‘Like a Virgin’ is about. It’s all about a girl who digs a guy with a big dick. The entire song. It’s a metaphor for big dicks.”
06) “Okay, first things fuckin’ last!”
05) You kids shouldn’t play so rough. Somebody’s gonna start cryin’.”
04) “I mean, the man was dyin’ in my arms. What the fuck was I supposed to do? Tell him: ‘Sorry, I can’t give out that fuckin’ information! It’s against the rules! I don’t trust you enough!'”
03) “I can say I definitely didn’t do it because I know what I did or didn’t do. But I cannot definitely say that about anybody else, ’cause I don’t definitely know.”
02) “Yeah, bam, bam, bam, bam, bam. I told ’em not to touch the alarm – they touched it. If they hadn’t done what I told ’em not to do, they’d still be alive.”
01) “No, man. Fuck sides! What we need here is a little solidarity! Somebody’s shoving a red hot poker up our asses and I wanna find out whose name is on the handle. Now, I know I’m no piece of shit.”