This week ends Tarantino month (+1 week, since I ended up busy). I debated throwing down with Natural Born Killers, but figured it’d be best to save that for a different day, and not just because all Tarantino did was provide the story for the movie, but it’ll give you something to look forward to.
Inglourious Basterds has the best opening scene of any Tarantino movie. Of course, that’s just my opinion, and you can feel free to disagree in the comments. Most of Tarantino’s dialogue is off the hook excellent, which is why he’s gotten a full month of Life Lessons. I know some people couldn’t get over the whole killing Hitler bit, but whatever. The opening dialogue more than makes up for that little bit of grand fiction. So here we go… au revoir, Shosanna.
10) “I must say, I grow weary of these monkeyshines.”
09) “Yeah, we got a word for that kinda odd in English. It’s called suspicious.”
08) “If a rat were to walk in here right now, as I’m talking, would you greet it with a saucer of your delicious milk?”
07) “Nah, I don’t think so. More like chewed out. I’ve been chewed out before.”
06) “It’s only the offspring of slaves that allows America to be competitive athletically. American Olympic gold can be measured in Negro sweat.”
05) “We have all our rotten eggs in one basket. The objective of Operation Kino: blow up the basket.”
04) “When you join my command, you take on debit. A debit you owe me personally.”
03) “You don’t like them. You don’t really know why you don’t like them; all you know is you find them repulsive.”
02) “There’s a special rung in hell reserved for people who waste good scotch.”
01) “Like I said, third best. Just keep your fuckin’ mouth shut. In fact, why don’t you start practicing, right now!”