I’m not sure why foreign made horror movies are better than American made films, but that’s just the truth of the matter. Whether it’s stylistic or better writing or better acting, there’s generally something (but usually a combination of things) that set foreign films above our own.
Dog Soldiers is no different in this regard. I enjoyed the dialogue in this movie. Snarky, full of truth, and not what you’d expect from a horror film, least of all a werewolf movie. If you’re a fan of werewolf films and haven’t seen this one, get out there and get yourself some. You won’t be disappointed. And now, here are our top ten life lessons from Cooper, Sarge, and the boys.
10) “Up until today you believed there was a line between myth and reality. Maybe a very fine line sometimes but at least there was a line. Those things out there are real. If they’re real, what else is real? You know what lives in the shadows now. You may never get another night’s sleep as long as you live.”
09) “Of course, the real trick to survival lies not in running and hiding, but in removing your enemy’s capacity to hunt you down.”
08) “We go together or we don’t fuckin’ go!”
07) “We were attacked by huge fuckin’ howlin’ things, that’s what.”
06) “You may think all women are bitches… but I’m the real thing.”
05) “Come and have a go, if you think you’re hard enough!”
04) “So, if Little Red Riding Hood should show up with a bazooka and a bad attitude, I expect you to chin the bitch.”
03) “Take a breather every once in a while, son, you’ll live longer.”
02) “Listen, the only people who go looking for trouble are Kamikazes, glory boys and full-on fucking fuckwits.”
01) “Brilliant… we either stay and snuff it, or we all go… and snuff it.”