“One Flew Over the Cuckoo’s Nest” is probably my all-time favorite movie. Ever. So much so that I named my dog R.P. McMurphy because he’s a crazy, lovable fucker just like Nicholson’s character.
Also, I don’t think I’ve ever wanted to throttle a fictional character so much as I did Nurse Ratched. I literally stood up the first time I watched McMurphy try and choke that cunt to death. Man, yeah, I wanted to watch her head pop off like a zit!
There are so many life lessons in this flick, it’s hard to choose just ten. But I managed and I think you Brownies will appreciate them. And if you don’t, we’re probably not friends. Not really.
10) “The best thing we can do is go on with our daily routine.”
09) “It’s medication time.”
08) “I’m a goddamn marvel of modern science.”
07) “Get out of my way, son, you’re using my oxygen.”
06) “Rules? Piss on your fucking rules!”
05) “You oughta be out in a convertible bird doggin’ chicks and bangin’ beaver.”
04) “If Mr. McMurphy doesn’t want to take his medication orally, I’m sure we can arrange that he can have it some other way.”
03) “You’re no crazier than the average asshole out walking around on the street and that’s it.”
02) “But I tried, didn’t I? Goddammit, at least I did that.”
01) “I’m not saying they killed him. They just worked on him. The way they’re working on you.”