J. David Anderson tagged me over a month ago on Facebook to list five things about my current work in progress. I didn’t do it then because I was sick and sick and sick… which I talked about a little in my last post. But I figured I’d go ahead and do this now, here, because I enjoy these types of things. It helps me focus on important topics in the work itself and, hopefully, it drums up some interest so you’ll buy the damned thing when I get it done. Here we go…
1) There are vampires in this book.
2) I disagree with David about vampires being overdone. Vampires aren’t overdone… nice, sexy, I would rather fuck you than eat you vampires are overdone.
3) I still don’t have a title for the novel. I’ve kicked around several, such as “The Summer of Blood,” “Damage, Inc.,” and “The Last Days of this World.” They all work and they all suck for various and different reasons.
4) This book is the first of a planned trilogy.
5) While the book (and trilogy) are horror novels, the ideas sprang mostly from urban fantasy and where vampires are today in that genre.
And that’s about it. Since it’s been a month, I’m not going to tag anyone else or blather on about this project. However, if you’re an author and want to post up in the comments, feel free! Leave a link to your website and what not, too.
And if you haven’t already, click on J. David’s name up there to visit his Facebook page or go buy his werewolf novel, A Trail in Blood, from Amazon. You can get it here.