Pulp Fiction, while not Tarantino’s first flick, was the first I happened to see. After that, I devoured what I could of his. At that point, it wasn’t much: Reservoir Dogs and True Romance. Since then, I’ve made it a point to watch everything he puts out. I can’t say I like it all, but he’s still fucking brilliant.
That said, the next couple of Top Ten lists are going to cover Tarantino’s greatest hits according to me. You’re free to disagree and discuss in the comments, as you are wont to do. Now, it’s time to listen to Pumpkin, Honey Bunny, Vincent, Jules, Jimmie, and The Wolf. Pulp Fiction is a wild, bloody, abusive ride that every cinema fan should take the time to watch.
10) “Say what again. Say what again, I dare you, I double dare you motherfucker, say what one more goddamn time!”
09) “If my answers frighten you then you should cease asking scary questions.”
08) “If I’m curt with you it’s because time is a factor. I think fast, I talk fast and I need you guys to act fast if you wanna get out of this. So, pretty please… with sugar on top. Clean the fucking car.”
07) “Why do we feel it’s necessary to yak about bullshit in order to be comfortable?”
06) “I don’t wanna hear about no motherfuckin’ ifs. All I wanna hear from your ass is, ‘You ain’t got no problem, Jules. I’m on the motherfucker. Go back in there, chill them niggers out and wait for the cavalry which should be coming directly.'”
05) “I don’t need you to tell me how fucking good my coffee is, okay? I’m the one who buys it. I know how good it is. When Bonnie goes shopping she buys SHIT. I buy the gourmet expensive stuff because when I drink it I want to taste it.”
04) “The night of the fight, you may feel a slight sting. That’s pride fucking with you. Fuck pride. Pride only hurts, it never helps.”
03) “The truth is you’re the weak. And I’m the tyranny of evil men. But I’m tryin’, Ringo. I’m tryin’ real hard to be the shepherd.”
02) “You see, this profession is filled to the brim with unrealistic motherfuckers. Motherfuckers who thought their ass would age like wine. If you mean it turns to vinegar, it does. If you mean it gets better with age, it don’t.”
01) “Any time of the day is a good time for pie.”