Now, Lethal Weapon brings back some memories for me. I’m not sure what it is about this movie that I liked so much, but if I had to guess, I’d say the action coupled with the unintentional humor is what elevates this to a classic for me.
The series reminds me, in a way, reminds of The Evil Dead series. Not with the characters, but with the presentation. The Evil Dead was horror with unintentional comedy, The Evil Dead 2 was horror comedy, and Army of Darkness, while classic, was more comedy than horror. The Lethal Weapon movies evolved much the same way, where the first flick was serious, followed by serious/comedy, then comedy crap.
But the first one was a magical blend of action, mystery, comedy, and accepting people for who they are and what they bring to the table. Without any more rambling, we have life via Riggs and Murtaugh.
10) “What did one shepherd say to the other shepherd? Let’s get the flock out of here!”
09) “The guys of the 80s aren’t tough. They are sensitive people. Show a little emotion to a woman and shit like that.”
08) “Well, I haven’t killed you yet.”
07) “God hates me. That’s what it is.”
06) “Think I saw this house on Lifestyles of the Rich and Shameless…”
05) “Yeah… yeah! Hell, you only live once… get this together here…”
04) “I’m too old for this shit!”
03) “I was alone. Why do you think I cried?”
02) “I don’t make things complicated. That’s the way they get, all by themselves.”
01) “There’s no more heroes left in the world.”