1984s “Ghostbusters” doesn’t need an introduction. At least it shouldn’t. The film is a classic and should be required watching for anyone who wants to see another movie ever again in their lives.
The movie’s simplicity appeals to me. We understand our characters from the start (Venkman’s asshole, Spengler’s egghead, Stantz goofiness), they proceed through their paces and arcs, and the movie is adult without being too adult. We’re not masking jokes they way we do in today’s comedies in order to peg that PG-13 rating (as a matter of fact, this was rated PG back then). The visual effects, while not outstanding at today’s standards, don’t look too bad when viewed again.
Who you gonna call for these 10 Life Lessons?
10) “You do your job, pencil neck, don’t tell me how to do mine!”
09) “Well, there’s something you don’t see every day. “
08) “I’ve only been with the company for a couple of weeks, but these things are real. Since I joined these men, I’ve seen shit that’ll turn you white.”
07) “Back off, man. I’m a scientist.”
06) “I find her interesting because she’s a client and because she sleeps above her covers… four feet above her covers. She barks, she drools, she claws!”
05) “Yes, it’s true. This man has no dick.”
04) “Ray, when someone asks you if you’re a god, you say YES!”
03) “Human sacrifice, dogs and cats living together. Mass hysteria!”
02) “Ah, if there’s a steady paycheck in it, I’ll believe in anything you say.”
01) “I don’t have to take this abuse from you, I’ve got hundreds of people dying to abuse me.”